Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Design-an-item contest, January Edition!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:34 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I was a little disappointed with the lack of entries last month, but I'm hoping it was just the holidays. :) I will probably close this contest after this month if there's not a lot of interest, but I want to thank everyone who's entered in the past few months. I've had a great time reading all of the entries.

Welcome!
Have you ever thought of a really cool neopets item, and wished they had something like that, just so you could buy it? Or maybe you have a great gallery theme, but not enough items to really fill it up. Or perhaps you just like dreaming up wacky new items in your spare time. If so, then this is the contest for you!

In this contest, YOU will have the chance to come up with an idea for a new neopets item. It could be a gourmet food, or a new paintbrush, or just some useless yet totally cool-looking trinket. However, there is a catch. Each item must fulfill a theme set forth by me. Sound interesting? Read on.

Rules
Every month, I will start a new contest with a brand-new theme. It might be clothing, it might be Hidden Tower items, or it might be a theme which covers a broad spectrum of items. There are no applications, and there is no approval process, so anyone may join at any time. The contest will start whichever day I post it, and will remain open until midnight EST on the last day of the month. I will then take a few days reviewing the entries, and within the first week I will announce the winner, after which a new contest will start. There is no limit to the number of items you can enter, so you can get as wacky as you want to!

Prizes
This month, I am offering a prize to the winner of this contest. However, since I cannot offer any neopets prizes, I am instead offering $1,000,000 from another web site I go on called Furry Paws. If the winner does not play Furry Paws, or does not wish to accept the prize, the 1 million will simply be added to the next month's prize. :)

Submission Form
If you have an idea for an item, all you have to do is fill out the following form and post it here. Only the fields with an (*) are required, the rest is optional.

*Item Name:
*Rarity:
*Description:
*Where is the item obtained?:
(In other words, if the item restocks, what store it would be in. If it doesn't RS, would you get it through an RE, through a special game, in the HT, etc.)
*Price: (Please include RS price if it RSes, and SW or TP price)
Special effects: (Does the item cause a disease, raise a stat, etc.?)
Other:

No item image is required, nor will submissions with images be given any extra credit. However, you are welcome to show off your leet image-making skilz.

Discussion on this board is highly encouraged. If anyone has any questions, please message me.

P.S. This contest is an idea based off of IDB's Create-A-Weapon Contest, so any credit must go to Benladesh for the idea. :)

December Results!
At first, I was really drawn towards Pixa's Meringue Dress, because I'm a sucker for Meringue, and I happen to have an egg gallery. :P But after much consideration, I have picked John as this month's winner!

Quote:
Item Name: Glitter Makeup
Rarity: 95
Description: Woah.. left over glitter from birthday cards? Make your pet all groovy with glitter all over their faces!
Where is the item obtained?: Grooming Parlour
Price: 50,000
Special effects: Makeup
Other: Wearable. Applied to the cheeks and eyelids on a Neopet.
Design: Glitter mixed with makeup to give a groovy look.

I ended up choosing the glitter because I've always thought it was a shame that we could buy makeup for our neopets, but we couldn't actually use it. While it is a girly item, I would hope that one makeup option would eventually lead to many.

November Winner
Pardona wrote:
Item Name: The Heart of Maraqua
Rarity: 101 (Special)
Description: Thought to have been lost when Maraqua was destroyed by pirates, the old lady actually carried it with her her entire life.
Where is the item obtained?: Underwater Fishing, minimum Fishing Skill of 300
Price: 20'000'000 Np
Special effects: Clothing
Other: Wearable
Design: A blue diamond necklace, always sparkling.
Gallery: Jewelry

October Winner
Pardona wrote:
Item Name: Dragonegg
Rarity: 101 (Special)
Description: An ancient Negg, now fossilized. Whatever creature was inside has long since died.
Where is the item obtained?: Randomly added to inventory when visiting the Lair of the Beast
Price: 15'000'000 Np
Special effects: Battledome
Other: Defends against all fire damage
Design: Looks like a cracked Rock Negg, except for it's perfectly oval shape and dragon claw imprinted on it.

January Theme!
This month my theme is special effects! I'm looking for items that cause some kind of effect on a neopet. It can be something that changes stats, changes your neopet's color, gives another neopet a disease in the Battledome, or it could be a completely new kind of effect that doesn't exist on neopets yet! The effects can be good or bad, and as always, there is no limit to the number of entries you may submit. Entires will be judged on how desireable the item would be to the general neopian populace, and how fun the item would be to use.

John, if you play Furry Paws and want the 1mil prize, please PM me with the FP account number you want me to send your prize to. :)

Post subject: Re: Design-an-item contest, January Edition!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:05 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Item Name: Confusement Charm
Rarity: 92
Description: This charm is used to.. wait.. I'm confused!
Where is the item obtained?: Ultra Ultra Ultra Rare Random Event. (1 in 5 million)
Price: 20,000,000 NPs
Special effects: This item does a lot of things to a pet, as it is supposed to be confusing, there is no certain thing that can happen. When a pet wears the charm, these things can happen:
The pet is raised be 200 levels
The pet gains 300 HPs.
The pet gains 5-100 points in all areas.
Also, the pet will be forever bloated.
However, with this charm, comes risk. It can change your pet's gender, It can turn your pet into any species, and colour (including Basics) as well. This effect it very random though.
Other: Wearable, so others will know that you have obtainted it.
Design: A string of beads with a Question mark [?] at the end of it.

Thank you, Secret Santa!
I wonder who that was...?

Last edited by John on Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:00 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Item Name: Flask of Non-Malicious Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Rarity: 97
Description: This non-malicious extra virgin olive oil would taste extra good on freshly baked pita chips, or it can be drunk alone for a...unique...experience!
Where is the item obtained?: Exquisite Ambrosia
Price: Restocking-18,000 Trading Post-1.5 million
Special effects: Everyone knows that drinking olive oil can loosen up your vocal chords or so I hear, and this olive oil is no different. If you feed it to one of your pets, there is about a 1 in 3 chance that that pet will get a wearable "song". This song works along the same lines as sound effects that you can buy from the NC Mall, and when it is attached to a pet, you will be able to hear them humming a little tune. The song can only be attached to the pet who drank the olive oil and cannot be sold or traded.
Other: Wearable.
Description: Looks like the regular flask of olive oil, but a slightly darker color and with non-ominous wisps of smoke rising from the top.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:56 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Hahah, that's so creative, Byakuya! :P *impressed*

Click the wonderful signature. You know you want to.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Pixa wrote:
Hahah, that's so creative, Byakuya! :P *impressed*

Thankee! The only reason I thought of it is because I saw the regular olive oil on the site the other day.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:03 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

:lol: That's awesome. I especially love the non-ominous whisps of smoke. :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Item Name: Travelling Whale
Rarity: 98
Description: This whale seeks out those who get around quite a bit. It does it's own fair share of travelling the oceans as well.
Where is the item obtained?: Underwater Fishing. Requirements: 250+ Fishing Skill, Visited Every Location In Neopia.
Price: Non-tradeable
Special effects: Will allow the pet in question to select one of three items every time it fishes. The other items are 'thrown back'.
Other: Wearable, Non-removeable
Design: Unsurprisingly, a large whale. It is a moving item that has 'swallowed' the pet, and will rotate between opening it's mouth and showing the pet, showing the silhouette of the pet as if a candle is lit inside the whale, and spouting water out of it's blowhole with the pet standing on top.

ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Thanks to everyone who's entered so far. :) This is just a reminder, there's a little over 2 weeks left to enter.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:03 pm 

Item Name: Rainbow Orb
Rarity: 99
Description: What a beautiful orb, filled with such vibrant colors! Do you dare to use it on your pet?
Where is the item obtained?: It can be restocked in the Battle Magic shop
Price: Restocks for 125,000 np. Sells on the TP for around 15 million
Special effects: When used in the Battledome against an opponent, it has a 30% chance to change the opponent's pet into the color Rainbow (while remaining the same species). It has a 30% chance to change the color of the opponent's pet into a random color of the same species. It has a 30% chance of doing nothing. It has a 10% chance of breaking. Fragile.
Other: This can be used like a Kacheek Flour, where the opponent can steal it from the first slot of your set, and then use it against you without fear of it breaking. (One use/fragile items stolen in battle will not break)
Design: Similar to the design of Dream Orb except in a rainbow tint with two clashing Swords of Skardsen faded into the background.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

One week left to enter!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

This month's contest is now closed! Thank you to everyone who participated, and I'll be posting the results sometime this week. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:06 am 
PPT God
PPT God

In case anyone is wondering, I'll be posting the results sometime tomorrow. These entries are so good I'm having a hard time choosing a winner. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:11 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I'd like to thank everyone who entered my contests, I've had a great time seeing all the creative ideas that you guys have come up with. :) As you know, this is the last month for my Design-an-item contest, but I wanted to let you all know how much fun I've had with it.

This month was probably one of the toughest to judge, since the entries were so good. I've debated back and forth, but after much deliberation, I have chosen Byakua's Flask of Non-Malicious Extra Virgin Olive Oil! The item description was hilarious, and I love the idea of a way to get sound attached to your neopet other than buying it from the NC Mall. The complete randomness of what song you got would make it extra fun. ;) If you've got a FP account, Byakuya, and you'd like the 1mil prize, please message me with your account number.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]