Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Minority Rules 3: WINNER ANNOUNCED!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:42 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Who's ready for another round of Minority Rules, that wonderful game Wind introduced us to?

Rules:
1. To join the game, sign up in this thread AND send me a PM with 1 to 3 questions as well as their two-answer responses (see below). You will begin the game with -1 point, and gain 1 point for submitting your questions. You may join the game at any time and will not be penalized for rounds missed before joining.
2. Every day, I will post a question on the thread. The question will only have two possible answers (yes/no, pandas/penguins, etc...). Questions will be randomly selected.
3. All players still in the game will have to PM me their answer to the question. Deadline for answers is 7pm NST (10pm EST), if you don't get your PM in by then you'll lose a point (you will receive a one-round grace period where no points will be lost). If someone reaches -3 points, they will be eliminated. The new question will be posted shortly after. If all PMs are in, the new question may be posted early, but the deadline will still be the same time next day.
4. After tallying the votes, the people who chose the least popular answer will gain one point. So if 7 people answer "no" and 4 people answer "yes", all those who answered "yes" will gain one point. All those with at least one life left will advance to the next round. In case of a tie, the round will be voided, and no points will be awarded.
5. There is no Rule 5. EVER.
6. If there are greater than 5 players left and you are a sole minority, you will gain an additional point.
7. You're welcome to discuss the current and past rounds in the thread, in PMs, emails, chats, whatever. You can form alliances with other people, share your answers, lie about what you're going to answer, bribe others with brownies etc. You can do pretty much anything short of life threats.
8. The first player to 5 points wins. If two (or more) people reach 5 points concurrently, we'll go into sudden death overtime -- more rounds will be held (with all players) until a clear winner is decided (but only those who have remained tied for first place will be eligible to win).

Please use this format when submitting an answer:
Subject: Minority Rules Question #
Body: Answer and optional witty comment are enough. No need to quote the question or the post. Please start with your official answer in bold (worded as in the question)!

Note: the first question will be posted Sunday 12/14 at 7pm NST (10pm EST). Answers are due Monday 12/15 by 7pm NST.

Final Scores
Gold Medal: Pipsqueeek 5
Silver Medal: StuMan 4
Bronze Medal: Zilary 3
Honorable Mention: loser, Wind 1
Majority Rulers: Pardona, Pixa 0

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Last edited by Siniri on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:35 am, edited 18 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Minority Rules 3: SIGNUPS (Game Starts Sun 12/14 7pm NST )
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:16 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Join! Join! Join!

Click the wonderful signature. You know you want to.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:00 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Me too :D

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:18 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Present and accounted for!

ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:36 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

OH ME!

StealthStealthStealth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:11 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm in.

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:17 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I am in

Bring KISS to my Hometown

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Of course I'm playing :D

I'll send questions in a bit.

<3 Laq

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:23 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Just a reminder that the first question will be posted tonight. We already have 7 players, so it should be a good game! I've received questions from everyone but Pixa and StuMan -- are the guys is he throwing down, saying "we I can win this thing even with a one-point handicap"? Or are they is he just forgetful? Pardona chimes in here with "Hey! I'm a guy, too!" Yes. Yes, you are. But you sent in your questions.

As noted in the rules, I'm leaving signups open since those who start late will have an inherent disadvantage. But if you're on the fence, just sign up! It only takes ~30 seconds per day to play. Depending on how clever Pipsqueeek the players are, the game should finish a bit before the holidays.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At 1:00pm NST, a trumpet heralded a commotion at the door. The seven players looked around apprehensively. "What the?" Pixa said. "Isn't it early?" The players watched as the door handle jiggled, but no one came in.

"Uh, siniri? I think you have to push, not pull..." Pardon said. "I knew that! I was just seeing if you were paying attention," siniri muttered. "Anyway, I'm going out tonight, and I want to make sure you have a full 24 hours to ponder this one, so I'm announcing it early."

"Hey, that's not fair! I haven't even gotten my questions in yet!" StuMan protested. "Well, that's not my fault. Besides, the randomizer doesn't like losers who don't get their questions in," siniri retorted.

"Don't be picking on losers!" loser protested. "I'm not. But the randomizer is." Siniri tossed the microphone to loser, but the throw was so wild it bounced off loser's head and landed under the Christmas tree.

"Huh?" loser asked as siniri crawled on the prickly pine needles to retrieve the microphone. "Just ask your longest question -- the randomizer seemed to like it," siniri explained.

"Ah, okay. It's such an honor to go first, and I really hope I can be in the minority on my own question, so don't pick my answer, okay guys?" loser gushed as she fumbled in her pockets. She blushed, mumbling, "It was so long, I forgot what it was..." "For goodness' sake! Sheesh! Good thing we're starting early." Siniri fumbled through her own pockets, then handed the paper to loser.

"Hem-hem!" loser cleared her throat, then read in a monotone, "You open the mailbox one day to find an unusually fancy letter addressed to you. After you determine it wasn't a pre-approved credit card, you open it to find something extraordinary: an invitation to dine with anyone in the world, alive or dead! After getting over the initial confusion and excitement, you spend the new few days narrowing down your choices. Should I meet Socrates? Muhammad? My late Grandmother? Robert Patterson? So many choices, so many choices! You reread the invitation and you notice you missed something crucial...You have to respond with your dinner choice by tomorrow! What do you order: the salmon or the chicken?"

"Well, that was perhaps the longest question submitted thus far for this game. However, you still have until 7pm NST sharp (10pm EST) on Monday 12/15 to answer. And for those who just decided they want to play, you can enter at any time. Post a note here announcing your entry, PM an answer to the current question by the deadline, and send me some questions by PM," siniri announced. "Now, I leave you to discuss among yourselves -- salmon or chicken? Bawk bawk bawk!"

Siniri's smooth exit was disrupted by more trouble with the door, as she tried to push it open. "You have to pull from this side," Wind whispered. "Should she really be running this game?" questioned Katherine. "Well, I offered to host, but I'm undefeated, and people seem determined to beat me," Pipsqueeek boasted.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be fine. Two more projects and one exam to go, then I can sleep," siniri griped as she stormed out of the room.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Siniri marched back into the room. "What? No one's said anything? Don't you want to debate the wonders of that healthy of healthies, the white meat chicken? Or the amazing brain benefits of that bastion of the sea, the salmon?" The players just stared at her. "Well, whatever. I have something to say. Note that I've changed the rules for answer submissions. I've already gotten three replies, and I had to send PMs back to two because I didn't understand the answer. Therefore, from now on, please submit your answer in bold, worded as in the question. Then feel free to add witty/snarky/extraneous/boring comments after that. Otherwise, if I don't understand your answer, you'll automatically be considered to fall in the majority." Siniri marched back to the door and pulled it open. "Good night!" Pip called out, "Wait, what's the current majority?" "..."

Last edited by Siniri on Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Minority Rules 3: Q1 Posted (Game Starts Sun 12/14 7pm NST )
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:32 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Pfft, I was just trying make conversation :P

I chose to eat the invitation.

StealthStealthStealth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:59 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

loser wrote:
Pfft, I was just trying make conversation :P
I chose to eat the invitation.

And I appreciate the conversation and don't want to discourage it -- just put it after your answer. (Anyway, yours I kind of understood. The other one, I have no idea.) But at the same time, I could envision me looking at a list of 4 properly worded responses and 3 oddly worded ones -- that could actually tip the balance of what the majority is. To be fair to everyone (and mostly to make it easier on me), I figured I'd better institute a uniform policy. So everyone get changed into an Athenian philosopher's uniform, pronto!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:41 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

*scuttles in late*

Hi everyone...I hope I don't make this even, since you're all odd. :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:02 am 
PPT God
PPT God

The salmon of course. Much yummier :)

Siniri wrote:
Depending on how clever Pipsqueeek the players are, the game should finish a bit before the holidays.
xD.

Siniri wrote:
"Well, that was perhaps the longest question submitted thus far for this game.
It beat mine by two words. I'll have to try harder next time...

<3 Laq

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:04 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

pipsqueeek wrote:
Siniri wrote:
"Well, that was perhaps the longest question submitted thus far for this game.
It beat mine by two words. I'll have to try harder next time...

I can't believe you actually counted the words! I just guessed that it was longer.

Reminder that answers are due in ~6 hours -- I'm still missing two responses (*cough* Katherine *cough* Wind). It's a close race between salmon and chicken -- or is it? Mwahaha -- I shall not say! :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:23 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Pfft, thanks to my godly powers I already knew that question in advance, and I had prepared a suitable answer... I was just waiting for suspence to build up ~:>

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next