Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 2:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Big Brother 4 [Start Date Revealed]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Big Brother 4

Big Brother is back, and it's better than ever! With the hype created from the first season, the game is back with a whole set of twists and mysteries for the new batch of Houseguest's to enjoy. But first, a bit about the game.

Big Brother is a game based on a hit reality show, it was originally run by Alex (Who later canceled it due to personal reasons) but was resurrected when I decided to host it. The game itself is similar to Survivor, however, it has many different rules, methods of playing and of course, the gameplay. The game is built to test a player's (Or Houseguest as it's called in this game) intelligence, determination and emotional strands. Those who enter the house are submitting themselves to a few months full of heartache, pain and of course, misery. While these qualities may seem horrible, Big Brother essentially creates new friendships and of course, new enemies.

The question is, there are a certain number of keys to the house, will you get one of them?

---

Big Brother Guideline -- How To Play

What is Big Brother?

As stated before, Big Brother is about a group of strangers evicting (I.E voting) each other out of the "house" until one person is remaining and crowned the Big Brother winner.

How many people are accepted into the Big Brother house?

The number of Houseguest's usually average around 12-14. There may be more or less depending on the number of applicants and circumstances.

How do I know if I'm accepted in the Big Brother house?

After you have submitted an application (Found at the bottom of the page), you will receive a PM informing you if you've been accepted or not. This PM will arrive in about a month or so.

What do I do once I'm accepted?

Once you are accepted as a Houseguest, there will be a thread created which will outline what will be happening in the game in the next month or so. You may post there and get to know your fellow houseguests if you wish. You may also send private PM's to your fellow houseguests, in this game, anything goes.

After every Houseguest has posted in the thread, I will post the first challenge and the winner will become the Head of Household (HOH for short) for a week.

What is Head of Household?

The Head of Household is the most powerful position in the house. Every week, the Head of Household must nominate two people in the house for eviction.

What does "nominate for eviction mean"?

Nominating someone from evicition means you are placing two people on the "block" to be voted out. The rest of the remaining houseguests (Excluding the HOH and the two nominees) will be able to vote on which nominee they want to vote out. Once a decision is made, that person will be evicted from the game.

After the HOH has made a decision and the two nominees are announced, there will be roughly two-three days for the two nominees to campaign against one another (In the thread or through PM) and to convince the houseguests not to evict them. This isn't a necessary thing to do but if you wish to stay in the game, you must try and convince your fellow houseguests why you should stay in.

Two or three days after the nominees are announced, there will be a Power of Veto competition.

What is the Power of Veto?

The Power of Veto (POV for short) is a competition which only the current HOH, the two nominees and one player of their choosing can participate in (The HOH will choose a "partner" to play with, and the two nominees will each choose one "partner" to play with). The rest of the houseguests who are not participating in the challenge must simply stand by and watch as their fellow houseguests compete.

The POV itself has the power to take one of the nominees off the block. This will than force the HOH to nominate a new houseguest. However, the HOH cannot re-nominate the nominee which was taken off OR the POV winner. If the POV is won by the one of the nominees, they can use it on themselves or choose NOT to use it. If the POV is won by one of the "partners" playing, they can take off one of the nominees or choose NOT to use it. If the POV is won by the HOH, they can choose to take one of their nominees off or choose NOT to use it.

As stated before, if a nominee is taken off the block, the HOH must nominate a new houseguest for eviction.

Two days after the POV ceremony (Where the POV winner decides whether or not to use the Veto), a houseguest will be evicted from the Big Brother house. Every houseguest (Excluding the current HOH, and the two nominees themselves) will vote for one of the two nominees to leave the game. Once that person leaves, there will be another HOH competition and everything will once again repeat. But there is one thing which will NOT be repeated, the following HOH competition will have two less players competing (The evicted houseguest and the previous HOH), the previous HOH is NOT allowed to participate in the next HOH competition.

What do I do if I'm evicted?

If you are evicted from the Big Brother house and are one of the first five evicted from the house, you are free to talk freely about anything game wise to any of your fellow evicted houseguests. However, you can only talk freely to any of the first five houseguests evicted, any houseguest evicted after that point is off limits.

As an added bonus, you will also be interviewed by myself on your experience in the house.

How does someone win Big Brother?

After the first five houseguests are evicted, every houseguest after that will be part of the Jury house. One by one a houseguest will enter the Jury house (After being evicted that is) and will in the end, decided which of the two last contestants will win Big Brother.

What are the rules for the Jury House?

If you make it to the Jury House, you can only discuss anything you know with anyone else who ENTERS the Jury House. You may NOT talk to the first five evicted houseguests about the Big Brother game, you are NOT allowed to reveal anything secret to them. You may only reveal secrets, lies, etc... to the member's of the Jury House.

Once there are two houseguests remaining in the house, the Jury will be able to ask one question to each of the final two and they'll make their decision on who they want to win. They will cast a vote for whoever they want to win.

After the winner is crowned, the main thread will be locked and anyone (Houseguests and fans) will be able to comment on anything. You may talk about secret alliances in the game, why someone lied, why someone threw a HOH competition for someone else, etc...

---

The Grand Prize

First Place: 300,000nps
Second Place: 100,000nps

---

Past Big Brother Winners

Big Brother 1 - Monique
Big Brother 2 - Messs17
Big Brother 3 - moogie

(Oddly enough, they all start with the letter 'M')

---

Twists

There will be some twists. Expect the unexpected.

---

The following application must be PMed to myself,

Code:
[b][u]Application[/b][/u]

[b]Why do you want to play Big Brother?[/b]

[b]What can you bring to the Big Brother game?[/b]

[b]Does the end really justify the means?[/b]

[b]What country do you live in?[/b]

[b]What's your timezone?[/b]

[b]Are you in school? If so, when are your exams scheduled?[/b]

[b]Do you have any important dates such as vacations, school trips, etc.. that you have to go on? If so, please state when (This will not hinder your acceptance)[/b]

[b][u]Favourites[/b][/u]

[b]Films:[/b]

[b]TV shows:[/b]

[b]Actors:[/b]

[b]Actresses:[/b]

[b]Hobbies: [/b]

[b]Sports to Play:[/b]

[b]Sports Teams: [/b]

[b]Outdoor Activities:[/b]

[b]Music Artist's/Bands: [/b]

[b]Music Genres:[/b]

[b]Cereals:[/b]

[b]Snacks: [/b]

[b]Cookies:[/b]

[b]Candy Bars:[/b]

[b]Drinks:[/b]   

---

Rules

1. Lying, cheating, manipulating, etc... is ALL part of the game. Please remember that it's just a game and anything goes.

2. Making alliances is something that is encouraged in the game as you may need someone to be on your side in the game, perhaps this person may even vote for you to win the game?

3. Do not outright flame anyone in the main thread. You may argue, but there is to be no inappropriate language to be posted on the Big Brother thread. If you feel like you can't control yourself, add your adversary on MSN or AIM and duke it out there.

4. PMing is allowed! You may make secret alliances through PM or by any other means. I'm not limiting you to posting only in the thread.

5. BE ACTIVE!!!! I cannot stress this enough. Every year I get a few players missing competitions, not voting, etc... and it drives me insane. I will NOT tolerate inactivity; if you feel like you cannot be there for a week or what not, let me know in advance. People have always said to me "Ammer, I can't play this week, going to Hawaii", and I make sure to make a note of it. I'm not saying to dedicate your life to this game, but if you feel you can't make a certain day or competition or even week, please PM me at least a week before you're leave of absence. It just makes the game flow nicer :)

6. Have fun!

---

The game is scheduled to start early/late May, again, this may change depending on how many applications I receive.

If you have any questions, please PM me or post on the thread. Good luck!

Set by Medli

Post subject: Re: Big Brother 4 Signups [First Place - 300k, Runner-Up - 100k]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:06 am 

EDIT: Whoops, meant to PM you that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Applications are still being accepted so send them in as the game will be starting in Mid/Late May!

Set by Medli

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:58 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Just letting everyone know, I am still accepting applications so get them in :) !

Remember, first place is 300k and runner up receives 100k!

Set by Medli

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The game will start sometime in June.

I have not forgotten about it, I've been a little busy and I'm a little short on applications. So if anyone is still thinking of applying, apply now!

Set by Medli

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:55 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I've replied! I can't wait to play BB4

Thank you, Secret Santa!
I wonder who that was...?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Applications are now closed.

Contestants will be receiving word on if they have made the game or not.

Set by Medli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The game will begin Thursday, June 19, 2008.

Be prepared!

Set by Medli

Post subject: Re: Big Brother 4 Signups [Start Date Revealed]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:34 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Alright, I'm pumped!

[Manufactured by Byakuya San]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:52 am 

Ammer wrote:
Be prepared!

*sings the Lion King song by that title*

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Crazy wrote:
Ammer wrote:
Be prepared!

*sings the Lion King song by that title*

I totally thought of that too as soon as I saw that, haha.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:35 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I thought it called for it :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Less than two weeks until the start date! I'm quite excited!

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:26 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I hope that this game will be much more interesting than CBS's last season of BB. I watched the first half of the first episode, and that was it for me.

[Manufactured by Byakuya San]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:49 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Regan wrote:
I hope that this game will be much more interesting than CBS's last season of BB. I watched the first half of the first episode, and that was it for me.

Well, fortunately for you I suppose as the season was horrible.

It was entertaining but horrible.

Set by Medli

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next