Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Big Brother 2 Signups [One spot remaining, apply! Win 200k!]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

<u><center><b>Big Brother 2 Signups</b></center></u>

Big Brother is back, and it's better than ever! With the hype created from the first season, the game is back with a whole set of twists and mysteries for the new batch of Houseguest's to enjoy. But first, a bit about the game.

Big Brother is a game based on a hit reality show, it was originally run by Alex (Who later cancelled due to personal reasons) but was ressurected when I decided to host it. The game itself is similar to Survivor, however, it has many different rules, methods of playing and of course, the gameplay. The game is built to test a player's (Or Houseguest as it's called in this game) intelligence, determination and emotional strands. Those who enter the house are submitting themselves to a few months full of heartache, pain and of course, misery. While these qualities may seem horrible, Big Brother essentially creates new friendships and of course, new enemies.

The question is, there are a certain number of keys to the house, will you get one of them?

---

Big Brother Guideline -- How To Play

What is Big Brother?

As stated before, Big Brother is about a group of strangers evicting (I.E voting) each other out of the "house" until one person is remaining and crowned the Big Brother winner.

How do I know if I'm accepted in the Big Brother house?

After you have submitted an application (Found at the bottom of the page), you will receive a PM informing you if you've been accepted or not. This PM will arrive in about a month or so.

What do I do once I'm accepted?

Once you are accepted as a Houseguest, there will be a thread created which will outline what will be happening in the game in the next month or so. You may post there and get to know your fellow houseguests if you wish. You may also send private PM's to your fellow houseguests, in this game, anything goes.

After every Houseguest has posted in the thread, I will post the first challenge and the winner will become the Head of Household (HOH for short) for a week.

What is Head of Household?

The Head of Household is the most powerful position in the house. Every week, the Head of Household must nominate two people in the house for eviction.

What does "nominate for eviction mean"?

Nominating someone from evicition means you are placing two people on the "block" to be voted out. The rest of the remaining houseguests (Excluding the HOH and the two nominees) will be able to vote on which nominee they want to vote out. Once a decision is made, that person will be evicted from the game.

After the HOH has made a decision and the two nominees are announced, there will be roughly two-three days for the two nominees to campaign against one another (In the thread or through PM) and to convince the houseguests not to evict them. This isn't a necessary thing to do but if you wish to stay in the game, you must try and convince your fellow houseguests why you should stay in.

Two or three days after the nominees are announced, there will be a Power of Veto competition.

What is the Power of Veto?

The Power of Veto (POV for short) is a competition which only the current HOH, the two nominees and one player of their choosing can participate in (The HOH will choose a "partner" to play with, and the two nominees will each choose one "partner" to play with). The rest of the houseguests who are not participating in the challenge must simply stand by and watch as their fellow houseguests compete.

The POV itself has the power to take one of the nominees off the block. This will than force the HOH to nominate a new houseguest. However, the HOH cannot re-nominate the nominee which was taken off OR the POV winner. If the POV is won by the one of the nominees, they can use it on themselves or choose NOT to use it. If the POV is won by one of the "partners" playing, they can take off one of the nominees or choose NOT to use it. If the POV is won by the HOH, they can choose to take one of their nominees off or choose NOT to use it.

As stated before, if a nominee is taken off the block, the HOH must nominate a new houseguest for eviction.

Two days after the POV ceremony (Where the POV winner decides whether or not to use the Veto), a houseguest will be evicted from the Big Brother house. Every houseguest (Excluding the current HOH, and the two nominees themselves) will vote for one of the two nominees to leave the game. Once that person leaves, there will be another HOH competition and everything will once again repeat. But there is one thing which will NOT be repeated, the following HOH competition will have two less players competing (The evicted houseguest and the previous HOH), the previous HOH is NOT allowed to participate in the next HOH competition.

What do I do if I'm evicted?

If you are evicted from the Big Brother house and are one of the first five evicted from the house, you are free to talk freely about anything game wise to any of your fellow evicted houseguests. However, you can only talk freely to any of the first five houseguests evicted, any houseguest evicted after that point is off limits.

As a bonus, you will also be interviewed by myself about the game and I will post the interview either on the main Big Brother thread or on the Commentary thread.

How does someone win Big Brother?

After the first five houseguests are evicted, every houseguest after that will be part of the Jury house. One by one a houseguest will enter the Jury house (After being evicted that is) and will in the end, decided which of the two last contestants will win Big Brother.

What are the rules for the Jury House?

If you make it to the Jury House, you can only discuss anything you know with anyone else who ENTERS the Jury House. You may NOT talk to the first five evicted houseguests about the Big Brother game, you are NOT allowed to reveal anything secret to them. You may only reveal secrets, lies, etc... to the member's of the Jury House.

Once there are two houseguests remaining in the house, the Jury will be able to ask one question to each of the final two and they'll make their decision on who they want to win. They will cast a vote for whoever they want to win.

After the winner is crowned, the main thread will be locked and anyone (Houseguests and fans) will be able to comment on anything. You may talk about secret alliances in the game, why someone lied, why someone threw a HOH competition for someone else, etc...

---

The Grand Prize

First Place: 200,000nps
Second Place: 50,000nps

---

Twists

There will be some twists. Expect the unexpected.

---

The following application must be PMed to myself.

Code:
[b][u]Application[/b][/u]

[b]Why do you want to play Big Brother?[/b]

[b]What can you bring to the Big Brother game?[/b]

[b]Does the end really justify the means?[/b]

[b]What's your timezone?[/b]

[b][u]Favourites[/b][/u]

[b]Films:[/b]

[b]TV shows:[/b]

[b]Actors:[/b]

[b]Actresses:[/b]

[b]Bands:[/b]

[b]Hobbies: [/b]

[b]Sports to Play:[/b]

[b]Sports Teams: [/b]

[b]Outdoor Activities:[/b]

[b]Music: [/b]

[b]Cereals:[/b]

[b]Snacks: [/b]

[b]Cookies:[/b]

[b]Candy Bars:[/b]

[b]Drinks:[/b]   

---

Rules

1. Lying, cheating, manipulating, etc... is ALL part of the game. Please remember that it's just a game and anything goes.

2. Making alliances is something that is encouraged in the game as you may need someone to be on your side in the game, perhaps this person may even vote for you to win the game?

3. Do not outright flame anyone in the main thread, keep all of those "tidbits" in PM's.

4. PMING is allowed, you may make secret alliances through PM or by any other means. I'm not limiting you to posting only in the thread.

5. Have fun!

---

Signups close sometime in August.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post or PM me.

Set by Medli

Last edited by Ammer on Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:18 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Hey when does big brother start because you never mentioned it to us so when does is start?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Alexxx wrote:
Hey when does big brother start because you never mentioned it to us so when does is start?

Well Alexxx, it depends on how many applications I get. If I get a lot of applications by the end of July, it should start in August. If not, it'll start late August.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:42 am 

Ammer wrote:
Alexxx wrote:

Well Alexxx, it depends on how many applications I get. If I get a lot of applications by the end of July, it should start in August. If not, it'll start late August.

That's a long way off. I'm sure you'll get more than enough apps in a couple of days.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

theonlysaneone wrote:
Ammer wrote:
Alexxx wrote:

That's a long way off. I'm sure you'll get more than enough apps in a couple of days.

Perhaps, I'm not ruling that out.

But I want to keep voting open until Mid-July (That's only IF I get flooded with applications). If I don't get flooded, I'll be leaving it open til the end of July possibly into August.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:19 pm 

Well, I'm just posting here because no one else really is. It's kind of like waiting for a Werewolf game to start. (Speaking of which, I wonder when the next one is starting o_O).

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

theonlysaneone wrote:
Well, I'm just posting here because no one else really is. It's kind of like waiting for a Werewolf game to start. (Speaking of which, I wonder when the next one is starting o_O).

Well, I'm still waiting for some applications so get applying people!

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Good news everyone! I have remembered the password to my old Neopets account and the prizes are up! The winner will receive 50,000nps while the runner-up will receive 20,000nps! That should get the ball rollling for some contestants.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:03 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The prize pot has JUST been increased to 200k for Grand Prize and 50k for Runner-Up.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:08 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: In my room listening to Hardcore Metal Christian music.
Dear All My Friends,

Please sign up for this so I can ally with you and not be on the losing side. :D

Love,
Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I have accepted 11 houseguest's at this moment, please do not reveal who you are. The last and final houseguest will be determined by the end of next week or perhaps the week after that. If you haven't received an acceptance PM yet, it's because you are in the running to become the last houseguest.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The final houseguest has been decided. The game will start in a week. Be prepared.

Set by Medli

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]