Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:41 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Memories Aflame

Oh, ew!

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:19 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

The Round is Over

Quote:

.:Requiem:.
Glorious Devastation

Anubis
Memories Aflame

Blk Mage
Lost Admidst the Chaos

Divine
Halloween draws nigh...

Dragonfire
Memories Lost Forever

maniac

moogie
Death Lives Here

paperfacesX022
Breaking the Darkness
Losing the Lives

pipsqueeek
Lanterns of Havoc

Pixa
Engulfed in an amber eruption

Skynetmain
Blazing through the night

Stephanie

susannahmio
Dedication to Destruction

theonlysaneone

Twizzler0171
Flaming Fury *Fade* Blazing Beauty

WIS
Admist the dark of midnight gloom *fade* Buds of amber flames shall bloom

YesItIsh
Destruction Ablaze

theonlysaneone, maniac and Stephanie all did not submit a subtext, so they are automatically eliminated from the game.

Judges, you have until Wednesday April 19 (I'll give an extra day because it is the first round) to judge. You do not have to pick anyone to eliminate, because we have already eliminated three.

Last edited by Robert on Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:31 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Ah man, sorry guys. I've been swamped with homework. Good luck everyone.

"Oh Howie, your such a beefcake"

Terrificly gorgeous set by Jaye
Current Favourite Song: "Stars" - Tatu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:34 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Eek! Robert, I changed mine! >_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:

Glorious Devastation
It fits. It doesn't give me the "wow, this is a great subtext" vibe I get from you a lot, but it does work. Glorious isn't a word I'd use to describe a house/barn/whatever burning down, but I get your point. All in all, it's good. A strong showing for the first round. 7/10

Anubis
Memories Aflame
I like this one. The best subtexts, in my opinion, are subtexts that interpret things as not as obvious as they seem. For example, a subtext for this could be "Look. It's a house. It's on fire. Schamazing." But this one makes you think- maybe it's not really a house. It's a metaphorical house. Metaphors in subtexts = good. I don't know if that's what you were going for, but it's what I interpreted at. If none of that made sense, please forgive me. I'm horribly (and painfully) "ill" at the moment, so I'm doing the best I can to be clear. However, a huge flaw I see with this is that you use the memory concept- after someone else already did (Dragonfire). 7.5/10

Blk Mage
Lost Admidst the Chaos
This isn't my favorite one, to be honest. This signature, to me, doesn't portray any feeling of lostness. You're right up there with the action of the destruction, not lost. However, props (Props? God, I've been using too much Xanga lately) for using the word chaos. It fits better for me than a generic word like destruction or "boom! smash!". 6.5/10

Divine
Halloween draws nigh...
This isn't my favorite, either. The signature to me doesn't even give me the slighest feeling of Halloween, and you're making too many assumptions. The eerie feeling you may feel on Halloween night is definitely present, but Halloween itself is not. Not much else to say. 5.5/10

Dragonfire
Memories Lost Forever
I think this one honestly had the potential to be magnificent, but was followed through not-so-magnificently. I know where you're coming from with the memories take, but you have to go with something visual in the signature in order for it to completely make sense. For example, in Liv's subtext, which follows the same basis of yours, she says "memories aflame", tying in the visual aspects of the signature to the metaphorical ones. Great for the first round though, and a very original idea. 8.5/10

maniac
Silly you, not entering a subtext!

moogie
Death Lives Here
I like this one. I've always been a fan of the phrase "death lives" because it's just so silly and contradictory. It fits great here. There's obviously a lot of destruction, and death is usually a side effect of destruction so... no complaints here. 8.5/10

paperfacesX022
Breaking the Darkness
Losing the Lives

Excellent. I'm glad you didn't go with a fade, because I think it would look better without one. This subtext is very impressive in my opinion. It represents the complete spectrum of visual aspects (breaking the darkness) to ones not shown in the signature (losing the lives). Great job. 9.5/10

pipsqueeek
Lanterns of Havoc
I think this one is really good. Lanterns and havoc are both really great and visually inspiring words that convey the exact feeling of the signature. Great wording, nice length. It's all good. 9/10

Pixa
Amber is a really good word, as well as eruption and engulfed. Amber is definitely not a word that first comes to mind when you look at this signature, so this lets me know you took some time to think about what you wanted to say. It definitely paid off, and you have a good, well rounded subtext. Partial alliteration definitely helps you as well. 8.5/10

Skynetmain
This subtext reminds me a lot of Requiem's- it fits the signature fine, but it doesn't give you that "wow, this is incredible" feeling. Blazing is a great word however, instead of using something more boring and obvious such as 'burning' or something similar. Good job, and a good start, but it could be better. 7/10

Stephanie

susannahmio
Alliteration is always really good to have in a subtext, as well as many other literature devices (metaphors, similies, etc), so that's good that you used it. However, fire to me doesn't seem very dedicated. It burns until there's nothing left to burn, and then it just fizzes out and dies. Destruction isn't the best word that could be used, either- I think it would sound better if it was "dedication to devastation" or something along the lines of that. Not bad, though. 7/10

theonlysaneone

Twizzler0171
Like I said with the previous subtext (not including theonlysaneone), alliteration is really good to have, and I like how you used that. I don't normally suggest fading, but this is an occasion where it could work, so good job for using it wisely. Blazing is a good word, as I said for Skynetmain (I don't think you copied it... it's not too uncommon). Nice job. 8/10

WIS
This subtext seems too fancy for this signature. You see a barn/house/whatever burning down, and this signature is just... fancy. A subtext should reflect the feel of the signature as well as the visuals, and this doesn't quite match the feel. However, the rhyme is a great touch, and I can tell you thought hard to come up with this. However, some points have to be deducted for the use of the word amber- it seems bit odd you would come up with it after Pixa did (and it's a rather original word). 7/10

YesItIsh
Destruction Ablaze
This subtext is iffy to me because it doesn't feel very interesting or unique. It describes what's going on in the signature... but it doesn't portray anything other than that, and the words are not as unique as they could be. It's just okay for me. 6.5/10

No eliminations for this round due to Robert's request, but warnings to Blk Mage, Divine, and YesItIsh.

I'm sorry if I was more vague than I should have been, but as I said before, I'm really not feeling great at the moment and I'm not sure how much better it's going to get in the next few days, so I just wanted to finish these.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:53 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Bangel wrote:
However, some points have to be deducted for the use of the word amber- it seems bit odd you would come up with it after Pixa did (and it's a rather original word). 7/10

D:

I actually posted mine before Pixa's. Mine was Voracious Amber Flames. Then pixa posted his, then I edited mine, and he edited his I think. >_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

WIS wrote:
Bangel wrote:
However, some points have to be deducted for the use of the word amber- it seems bit odd you would come up with it after Pixa did (and it's a rather original word). 7/10

D:

I actually posted mine before Pixa's. Mine was Voracious Amber Flames. Then pixa posted his, then I edited mine, and he edited his I think. >_<

Sorry. Pixa said "stop stealing my amber" or something; I assumed. Neither of them were on the warning list anyway, so hopefully it doesn't matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:27 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Bangel wrote:
Divine
Halloween draws nigh...
This isn't my favorite, either. The signature to me doesn't even give me the slighest feeling of Halloween, and you're making too many assumptions. The eerie feeling you may feel on Halloween night is definitely present, but Halloween itself is not. Not much else to say. 5.5/10

Aren't you contradicting yourself right there? It doesn't give you the slightest feeling of Halloween, but the eerie feeling that Halloween night has is definitely present?

And if I'm making assumptions, then you're making an assumption by assuming that Halloween isn't present.

Besides, it's orange and black :|. Not everybody will be able to see the fire in the signature, but everyone will see the orange/black colour combination. Yes, I realize it's not the best, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:00 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Bangel wrote:
Dragonfire
Memories Lost Forever
I think this one honestly had the potential to be magnificent, but was followed through not-so-magnificently. I know where you're coming from with the memories take, but you have to go with something visual in the signature in order for it to completely make sense. For example, in Liv's subtext, which follows the same basis of yours, she says "memories aflame", tying in the visual aspects of the signature to the metaphorical ones. Great for the first round though, and a very original idea. 8.5/10

Thanks. :) I got the idea of using memories stuck in my head, so I figured I would use it. I'm sure I would have thought of something better, but at the time that was the only thing in my head. I couldn't think of anything else after I posted it. Otherwise, I would've edited it.

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:18 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Bangel wrote:
Skynetmain
This subtext reminds me a lot of Requiem's- it fits the signature fine, but it doesn't give you that "wow, this is incredible" feeling. Blazing is a great word however, instead of using something more boring and obvious such as 'burning' or something similar. Good job, and a good start, but it could be better. 7/10

Wow. Thanks. I didn't expect that high a score. I'll try to do better next round. Thanks again.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:18 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Oh, oops. I can honestly say that I completely forgot about this contest and came on later, without reading the other subtexts, thinking I had to get a subtext in quickly as it was the last day. I didn't, therefore, see Dragonfire's subtext but if it is going to be taken into account then yes, I did submit my subtext after Dragonfire's and he should get the credit for it.

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:53 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Quote:
susannahmio
Alliteration is always really good to have in a subtext, as well as many other literature devices (metaphors, similies, etc), so that's good that you used it. However, fire to me doesn't seem very dedicated. It burns until there's nothing left to burn, and then it just fizzes out and dies. Destruction isn't the best word that could be used, either- I think it would sound better if it was "dedication to devastation" or something along the lines of that. Not bad, though. 7/10

Thanks! Although my use of the word dedication was not directed at the fire , it was more along the lines of "Robert...Dedication to Destruction" As if he were a bit of a Pyro.

~Zilary - No, thats not me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:03 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

WIS wrote:
Eek! Robert, I changed mine! >_<

You saw nothing...nothing was wrong...*shifty eyes*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Divine wrote:
Bangel wrote:
Divine
Halloween draws nigh...

Aren't you contradicting yourself right there? It doesn't give you the slightest feeling of Halloween, but the eerie feeling that Halloween night has is definitely present?

And if I'm making assumptions, then you're making an assumption by assuming that Halloween isn't present.

Besides, it's orange and black :|. Not everybody will be able to see the fire in the signature, but everyone will see the orange/black colour combination. Yes, I realize it's not the best, though.

About the eerie thing, I said the feel was eerie. I said Halloween might also be eerie, but that's a connection I personally don't think is a great one to make because it's a bit too obscure.

Of course I'm making an assumption Halloween isn't present. There's 365 days of the year (366 on each leap year), and Halloween is only one of those days- so I'm going to assume it's not Halloween. If there were trick or treaters or unGodly amounts of candy, then that's an assumption that would be good to make. However, it's just a fire- it could be any night just as well as it could be Halloween.

The orange/black combination is good, but it's too obscure. I definitely don't think "orange/black" when I look at this signature, because there's too much going on in the picture to just look at the colors alone. In response to your "everyone sees the color scheme thing", it's a good theory, as sussanahmio or whatever her username is (I don't remember, sorry. :P) didn't see what is was- but this is, again, too obscure. Black and orange isn't what I first think of when I see this signature, so that's why I didn't get where you were coming from.

susannahmio wrote:
Quote:
susannahmio

Thanks! Although my use of the word dedication was not directed at the fire , it was more along the lines of "Robert...Dedication to Destruction" As if he were a bit of a Pyro.

Ah, I see! Sorry for the mishap, that way of seeing it just makes the subtext better. Sometimes I forget when I'm judging these to see more than just the picture, but the main text and user of the signature as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
This is my first time judging :o so bear with me!

Quote:

Glorious Devastation
I love the use of words that one would normally not associate with this particular image. That being said, I don't know if I would pair these two words together. It just seems a bit odd. I kind of like it though, so 7/10

Anubis
Memories Aflame
I definitely like the idea that if a house is burning, the memories contained in that house are burning as well. This subtext makes me think of actual photographs burning up inside the house, which you don't see in the image. I give this subtext a 7.5/10

Blk Mage
Lost Admidst the Chaos
I really like this text. To me, it gives a sense of complete hopelessness, which I'm sure is what I would be feeling if my house was on fire. I love the word "chaos"...I think it really captures something about fire. 9/10

Divine
Halloween draws nigh...
I'm going to have to agree with Dawn on this one. I don't really get the Halloween thing. Yes, the image is black and orange, which are traditionally colors associated with Halloween, but that's about all the text has going for it. 6/10

Dragonfire
Memories Lost Forever
First, read what I wrote about Anubis's subtext. To add on to that, with your subtext, I like the idea that with these memories being burned up, they can't be replaced, which is the part that is completely devastating. Good job. 8.5/10

maniac
:( Boo hoo, maniac didn't submit one :(

moogie
Death Lives Here
My feelings are somewhat mixed on this one. I like it because of the pure morbidness of it, but that's also why I don't like it. I guess if that's your thing, this subtext would be great. It's simple, to the point, and it says exactly what you want it to. 8/10

paperfacesX022
Breaking the Darkness
Losing the Lives

Again, read what I wrote about moogie's first. I like that this subtext is two separate lines. I don't know if you had a fade originally or not (Dawn made it sound like you did)...I think either way it would look good on the signature. I really like the first line of this in particular. It really fits the idea of a fire in the middle of the night. 8/10

pipsqueeek
Lanterns of Havoc
I like this one because it uses yet another great word..."havoc". Definitely not a word you hear very often. However, I don't like the use of the word "lanterns". When I hear "lanterns," I think of really small lights, and the fire in this image is definitely not small. 7.5/10

Pixa
I love the alliteration! This makes me think of a volcano, and to me, that's a great comparison to a fire. (That could be just my mind working a little bit on the odd side though). I really like it. 9.5/10

Skynetmain
Simple, yet effective. It describes exactly what is occuring in the image. Perhaps next time, try to go a little beyond what is literally happening. 6.5/10

Stephanie
:( Boo hoo, Stephanie didn't submit one :(

susannahmio
I have to agree with what Dawn said about this. The alliteration is great, but using the word "dedication" seems a little off. I've read what you wrote in response to Dawn's critique and I would say if you want the signature to read "Robert...Dedication to Destruction", I would change it from "dedication" to "dedicated". It makes a little more sense that way. 7/10

theonlysaneone
:( Boo hoo, Toso didn't submit one :(

Twizzler0171
I love the use of the alliteration and the fade. I think the two halves capture both aspects of fire really well. I don't really have much else to say on this one. I just really like it. 9.5/10

WIS
I like the rhyme! That is something we haven't seen from anyone else this round (that doesn't mean that everyone should try it in the next round though). My only concern is just that it's a lot to read, especially when some signatures fade as quickly as they do. This would have to be really slow. I wish it would all fit without the fade as I really do like the text. (And I liked what you originally submitted...loved the word "voracious"). For this, I give an 7.5/10

YesItIsh
Destruction Ablaze
Same comments I had for Sky. It's simple and effective, but maybe a little too simple. Sometimes you have to go beyond what is really going on. 6.5/10

Stephanie, Toso, and maniac are automatically out this round.

My warnings go to Devine, Sky, and YesItIsh.

Good luck to everyone in the next round!

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next