Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 10:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 73  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:44 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Vote: Ixist

For not sharing his role when people go about asking for roles. When I PMed him, asking if he'd like to exchange roles he flat out said no. Evil much?

EDIT: and no, it doesn't clear me as being innocent by just PMing you, but I've been cleared by numerous people already.

Last edited by whhattisthiss on Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:45 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I'll wait for ixist's defence :)

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:09 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I am really against this whole "All innocents PM me your roles or else you will be executed" so early in the game. First of all, who are you to say that we can trust you. Secondly, just because a person PMs you their role doesn't make them innocent. Fake roles are easy to come up with...

However, later in games when we are trying to weed out the last few baddies, I strongly encourage that behavior. By that point most people know who the others are. But early in the game doesn't make sense...

Vote: Tested

A random vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:10 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Vote: Kugetsu

You were the bottom poster on recent posters; sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:21 pm 

Vote: matterbug

random for now, unless he wants to contact me

set by whhattisthiss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:28 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Ryguy wrote:
I am really against this whole "All innocents PM me your roles or else you will be executed" so early in the game. First of all, who are you to say that we can trust you. Secondly, just because a person PMs you their role doesn't make them innocent. Fake roles are easy to come up with...

You think I'm trusting everyone that's given me a role?

I trust two, until a role is proven (not saying who they are, but they probably know who they are) I'll also be honest, I've probably talked to two baddies so far.

I already suspect Ixist for jumping straight onto Typhoon's votes (there was no reason to jump into it, to be honest), and I wouldn't be surprised if he were evil, however, you guys are going about this the wrong way. In the beginning, you can't just start prodding people for their roles, you ask on the thread (like I did) and if people trust you, they'll give you roles. The opposite just sort of causes people not to trust you, and thus probably not respond or give a role. (and if you do, you probably don't want to run into a vote like that because they didn't respond, instead tell someone you're in contact with or trust instead, possibly even a dreamer if you know them)

Oh, and I'm not forcing anyone to give me a role, neither am I claiming someone is evil because of it, when the time comes, later in the game (if I'm alive), I will, however. There is a time and place for coercing, but not in the beginning, it isn't really needed now.

The roles I have were given to me of free will, people contacted me, I have yet to prod a role out of anyone yet, and I think that's more successful that prodding early game. I do have my own suspects, however...

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:42 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Psh. I see how it is, Typh. Forgetting I told yo my role, so you voted for me. But you unvoted. :3

And... ew. Dreamer gone. Notttt good. :/
I'll vote in a little bit, I have to go do stuff around the house right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Vote: Ixist for being rude about not sharing his role

This is not my first game of werewolf either. I expect people to share their roles. If you don't, you obviously have something to hide, and that's not a good thing in my book. I obviously play a little differently than other people, but it works for me.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Last edited by May on Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:48 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yes, actually there is. Not gonna say who, mainly because I don't want them to die.

If it'll make you parasites happy, I'll tell Kuge my role. Will that appease you?

Set by the WIS, the ORIGINAL House Stalker!

When I see his posts, I fill with righteous rage. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:50 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

mayanspypilot wrote:

This is not my first game of werewolf either. I expect people to share their roles. If you don't, you obviously have something to hide, and that's not a good thing in my book. I obviously play a little differently than other people, but it works for me.

But you're missing the whole concept of fake roles. Also there's the chance you'll get converted, and also another chance of you being evil yourself and nobody actually knowing it. Point is, this isn't a game of all innocents telling you their role, and being able to single out the baddies this way. It's a bit more complicated than that.

I agree with Ixist looking suspicious, but him not giving you a role (Pixa too possibly), isn't an automatic method of determining if they're evil.

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ryguy wrote:

However, later in games when we are trying to weed out the last few baddies, I strongly encourage that behavior. By that point most people know who the others are. But early in the game doesn't make sense...

I quite like you :) Good reasoning to me.

Mmm. Holding off on vote a bit longer. Confused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:02 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

That's exactly the point, the list can easily fall into the wrong hands... like it did on what, Randomness the other day? I knew so much... yet I was evil.

>_> Then I got killed, but the point stands. So very easily did I obtain information about all the players, it seriously endangered their chances of winning the game. Well, it would have, if my team had more than one member left, and I didn't die, and the OMT wasn't working for the innocents... and that whole kinda thing.

So yes, there can be reasons for withholding information.

Click the wonderful signature. You know you want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:03 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm here.

Vote: no exec

...well, that was productive. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:04 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Vote - Firestorm

Hasn't posted yet... I think...

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:12 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

mayanspypilot wrote:

I must disagree; I may not have played as long as other people. However, in my first couple of werewolf games I very rarely shared my role with others; yet I still survived until almost the end. With all of those cases, I was of the innocent alignment. I still very rarely share my role, unless specifically asked. Only two games have I taken a very forward approach in terms of role trading. Just because you don't share your role does not mean that you have something to hide. It could just be playing style. If the main strategy of Werewolf playing were for everyone to share roles, and thus try to weed out evil players; then it doesn't make for a very fun game.

I am getting frustrated at people saying that they have been cleared; or they have cleared someone else. The main avenue of clearing people is dreams. We've had one night of dreams, so I don't see this one night being so fruitful to clear a handful of people. Sure you can role trade, but that it no way clears anyone. The role might be believable and true; but they could still be lying to you. The conversation has a very high probabilty of NOT going like this:

Duck: Hi, wanna role trade with me?
Goose: Sure, I am a baddie, how about you?
Duck: Cool, I am a dreamer, so you should kill me now, so I don't rat you out to everyone else on the thread.
Goose: Of course I am going to kill you now.. Muahahaha.

If things were as easy as that; then what would be the point of Werewolf.

Thank you. :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 73  Next