Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 28  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:54 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I changed mine. I'm sorry for any trouble I may of caused :) my new subtext is much poorer, but much more rule-abiding.

Original Joined Date: November 30th, 2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:15 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

changed again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:58 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I changed mine.

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Judges pick 4 people to eliminate. The ratings are due by Friday October 14th.

Quote:

_jade_em_
Sinking in the Depths of Darkness

.:Compact Disk:.
The Lady in Blue

.:Requiem:.
Deeply, Beautifully Blue

Ammer
Trapped in the Blue

Anoohilator
Be Blue *fade* Doo-bah-dee-doo

Anubis
If my shadow feels blue -fade out, then in- how do I feel?

Atjj
a song of peace

dargonz
Singing in the Blue

Divine
Behind this ocean of blue... *fade* peace lies concealed.

DM was on fire!
In a Blue Mood

Forest_Majesty

Hues of Blue

gemma58
Fear My Hidden Talents

Khristian
Out of the Blue

matterbug
Lost in the dark.

paperfacesX022
Living in the blue

pattypus
In the state of blue

Stephanie
When your blue, the whole world can see it.

Sweet Pea
In the darkness, my spirit lies

the_dog_god
Simplisticly Elaborate

VeraX
Hiding in the Blues.

Wind
Hiding from reality

Last edited by Robert on Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:52 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Robert wrote:
Amethyst, sirclucky and Jamie did not submit a subtext, so they are eliminated automatically. Therefore, judges must pick only 1 person to eliminate. The ratings are due by Friday October 14th.

*nudges* They were eliminated last round. ;)

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Twinkle wrote:
Robert wrote:
Amethyst, sirclucky and Jamie did not submit a subtext, so they are eliminated automatically. Therefore, judges must pick only 1 person to eliminate. The ratings are due by Friday October 14th.

*nudges* They were eliminated last round. ;)

No wonder something wasn't right. *forgot to save his Word Document*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Robert wrote:
Judges pick 4 people to eliminate. The ratings are due by Friday October 14th.

Quote:

_jade_em_
Eh. Low side of borderline subtext. I don't see how this fits much... it doesn't seem the silhouette is sinking or being hidden anywhere. It's just a non completely visible part of the background. So that obviously makes no sense, but to be less vague, I don't really like it. However, I can see where you're going. And points for something not having to do with blue.

The Lady in Blue
Another borderline. It'll do, but it isn't really... creative. This subtext would have earned double the points from me if it used more vivid words. Such as "The Lady in Azure" or something like that.

Deeply, Beautifully Blue
I was really praying you would go with the other subtext- the ethereal azure one or whatever it was. I liked that one more because the words were very creative and vivid. But instead you went with this one, which is just "okay" instead of great. You did use a lot of adjectives, though they aren't as vivid as they could be, so this does have potential. I wish you would have gone with a different word than 'blue', though. It describles the color, but not in as much depth as it could.

Ammer
Trapped in the Blue
This one is good. It goes beyond the "omg look! Blue!" approach and gives a second side to the image. No one is really sure what it is or what it's doing, but you've shown there are other approaches than the chic happy thing.

Anoohilator
This is really one of my favorites, but points off because no one who hasn't heard the song would understand what you were trying to mean. For people who do know, however, it's easy to see the humor, and this subtext fits really perfectly.

Anubis
I can see where you're going with this, but it really doesn't work great for me. Again, it's good because it goes against the obvious chic happy thing, but it just... doesn't work.

Atjj
a song of peace
Don't like this one. There really is no presence of song or singing or anything theatrical for that matter, so this subtext really doesn't fit. I like how you've given it a unique mood- peaceful- but otherwise this really doesn't cut it for me.

dargonz
Singing in the Blue

Like Atjj, I don't like this one because it doesn't seem to have to do with anything in the signature. There's really no singing involved, or any hint that the silhouette in the signature is singing.

Divine
I really like this one. I like how you used the word "ocean"- metaphors work well in subtexts. Good discriptive words, and a good length for an empty signature. Keep up the good work.

DM was on fire!
In a Blue Mood
Good. I like how you gave the word 'blue' another meaning than just the color. It works pretty well.

Forest_Majesty
Hues of Blue
The signature doesn't really have a whole lot of hues, so it doesn't fit the best it could. I do like how you used "hues" instead of just "shades" though- the more vivid the words, the happier I and hopefully the rest of the judges will be.

gemma58
Fear My Hidden Talents
Really not digging this one. It has pretty much nothing to do with the signature besides describing the silhouette in a very vague and... not great (?) manner?

Khristian
Out of the Blue
This one is okay. It doesn't work the greatest, though, because technically the silhouette isn't out of the blue; it's faded into the blue. It works well enough, though, I suppose.

matterbug
Lost in the dark.
Liking it. It works well without saying the word 'blue' a single time. It works especially well because the silhouette is faded into the blue, giving it an appearance of possibly being "lost".

paperfacesX022
Living in the blue
Meh. It's kind of boring. Again, I wish you would use a word other than blue. There are millions upon millions shades of blue that would work great with this signature without being so generic.

pattypus
In the state of blue
It's... okay. Boring, kind of. Like I said to half of you contestants, the word blue is getting very boring and generic. How about azure? Or navy? Something that's not just blue.

Stephanie
Not loving it much. It doesn't really work the best, and the length is a bit overboard. I dislike fades, but in this occasion it would work better. There are a few grammatical errors are well. It just qualifies as borderline to me.

Sweet Pea
I can see this working well. It represents the figure as more than just a person, but as a soul or a conscience. I like it. Very creative.

the_dog_god
Simplisticly Elaborate
Liking it. It doesn't refer to the silhouette or the background alone, but as the image as a whole. Plus the oxymoron works well.

VeraX
Hiding in the Blues.
I like the use of the word hiding; it describes the fade well and makes the signature seem more realistic. Good.

Wind
Hiding from reality
It's alright. It doesn't fit as well as the "hiding from the blues" one, because reality really doesn't fit into the theme.

Atjj, Dargonz, Gemma, Anubis.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:09 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Gaaaddd! I didn't get a chance to change it, I wanted to use the other one. ;_;

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:15 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
Anoohilator
This is really one of my favorites, but points off because no one who hasn't heard the song would understand what you were trying to mean. For people who do know, however, it's easy to see the humor, and this subtext fits really perfectly.

That's a song? :o

Wow didn't realise that - what song just out of interest?

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Anoohilator wrote:
Quote:
Anoohilator

It's by Eiffel 65.

I think it's called "I'm Blue".

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:28 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Ammer wrote:
Anoohilator wrote:
Quote:
Anoohilator

It's by Eiffel 65.

Ooohh that song :)

My Doo-Bah-Dee-Doo was supposed to sound jazzy or "blues-like" but I guess I wasn't very clear :oops:

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:30 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Ammer wrote:
Anoohilator wrote:
Quote:
Anoohilator

It's by Eiffel 65.

The exact words are I'm blue (da ba dee) Anoo added a doo at the end so he's not literally quoting a song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

...I judged it well because I thought it was based on a song. And did I catch it was breaking the rules? No.

And the moron award goes to...

Anyway. Robert, I think he should be given another chance, since apparently he didn't know it was a song and also it was not pointed out to him in the first place, so he had no chance to change it. Solution?

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:19 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Round 2

Judges Notes:
This was a tough round. Some of you did really well, other didn’t, but that’s how it goes. When you have a signature that is so much of one colour, you know people are going to use that colour in their subtexts. You have to try and find anither way of saying that. In this case we had the word blue used in 14 of the subtexts. Try using a synonym, Navy, Azure.

_jade_em_
Ooo, I like this one. It does’t use the word blue, but gets that across, and incorporates the silhouette. Excellent work.

The Lady in Blue
This is an ok subtext. It is nothing special, nothing horrible, very ‘blah’.

Deeply, Beautifully Blue
I like this, especially the way ‘Beautifully’ and ‘Blue’ work together. This is one of the few subtexts that I think works well with blue instead of another word for blue.

Ammer
Trapped in the Blue
This one is good, it says more than just the blue aspect of the signature, it mentions the shadowy figure in the background. Nice.

Anoohilator
I don’t really like this. I don’t think it is a particularly good subtext, at least for the signature, but the fade helps that. I don’t think it would work at all on this signature, sorry.

Anubis
I don’t like this one. I understand it, but I just don’t think it works with this signature. The signature doesn’t really have the sad feel to it, whereas this subtext makes it sound like it does.

Atjj
a song of peace
I don’t know about this one. I get where you are coming from, but I just don’t see this working on the signature. It just doesn’t seem to fit for me, sorry.

dargonz
Singing in the Blue
Looking at the silhouette I guess it looks like it is singing a little bit, but even with that, this subtext is very plain. There is nothing special about it.

Divine
This was my favourite this round. It captures the blue very well, and the hidden peace sign behind ‘Fzun’ is also mentioned in a great way. Excellent.

DM was on fire!
In a Blue Mood
I really don’t like this one. It doesn’t really capture the signature, like I said to Anubis, the signature doesn’t seem very sad to me.

Forest_Majesty
Hues of Blue
I like this one. It mentions the different blues used in the signature, something many people didn’t do. Also, the words you used sound very good together. Nice subtext!

gemma58
Fear My Hidden Talents
I don’t really like this one. I don’t think it fits, and the only thing it really talks about is the silhouette, and even then it isn’t in the best manner. Sorry.

Khristian
Out of the Blue
Very boring, very expected. Nothing special, not bad, but nothing amazing.

matterbug
Lost in the dark.
Yay, you didn’t use the word ‘blue’, but still got the dark blue colour across, whilst still talking about the silhouette. Good work.

paperfacesX022
Living in the blue
Meh, it doesn’t make me go “WOW”, but it isn’t bad. It is very plain, and plain will only get you so far in this competition.

pattypus
In the state of blue
I don’t really like this one. There is just something about it, it doesn’t seem right for this signature. It would have sounded better as ‘In a state of blue’, the ‘the’ just seems wrong.

Stephanie
First off, ‘your’ should actually be ‘you’re’. As for the signature, I don’t really see it, I see the blue part, but where id you get the ‘whole world can see it’ part? I don’t really get that part. Sorry.

Sweet Pea
Very creative, you used the silhouette as something other than a person, I like that. Good subtext!

the_dog_god
Simplisticly Elaborate
I really like this one, you stayed away from the blue and the silhouette, but focused more on the signature as a whole. Nice work!

VeraX
Hiding in the Blues.
This is an ok subtext. I like the ‘hiding’ part, much better than if you were just to say ‘In the Blues’. But it is still a little bit plain in my opinion.

Wind
Hiding from reality
Nice, you mentioned the silhouette without mentioning the blue directly. Nice.

I nominate Anoohilator , Gemma, Anubis and dargonz .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:05 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, it's judging time for me again. First off, I want to congratulate all of you for simply thinking of a subtext. This image was, quite frankly, amazingly hard, and it was made harder by the fact that there really was no 'obvious' choice for the text's subject matter.

_jade_em_-Sinking in the Depths of Darkness

It's an okay text. I don't particularly see this image as being depressed, it more seems like some random picture that was colored blue. The fact that the silhouette has an upraised 'arm' seems to actually lighten the feel of it somewhat.

.:Compact Disk:.-The Lady in Blue

I kind of like this one. I did think of a that blue shadow as looking like a lady singing, although for some strange reason the head looks like one of those legionaire's helmets with the big red stuff on top. (Yeah, it's weird.) It's okay, not great, but this is a hard picture.

.:Requiem:.-Deeply, Beautifully Blue

It's good, it matches the whole 'overwhelmingly blue' feeling, although I don't view the picture as being especially beautiful. But since I imagine that thing being a woman, I'm okay with the beautiful part.

Ammer-Trapped in the Blue

Since I do view this as a lighter sig, I don't think the idea of being trapped is what's conveyed by the picture. But since it's a darker blue surrounded by a lighter blue, I do think this would work on this signature.

Anoohilator-Be Blue *fade* Doo-bah-dee-doo

Regardless of whether this is part of a song or not, I actually don't like this one that much. It's more a personal preferrence, however, since I just don't usually like nosensical phrases. :) It's cute, though, and if a person liked it, I think it would look good on this picture too.

Anubis-If my shadow feels blue -fade out, then in- how do I feel?

Well, it obviously is a shadow of something, so good job working that in. I don't see this as depressed, but I think this subtext would make it more so, so it does fit.

Atjj-a song of peace

I mostly like this one, since I do think the shadow's singing, and since all the blue does make this sig look peaceful. (To me) My one problem, which has no effect on how I rate your subtext at all, is the fact that the letter 'a' isn't capitalized. :P I'm big on grammer, punctuation, spelling, ect, so those things tend to irk me. :P

dargonz-Singing in the Blue

I like the singing part, although the whole phrase sounds a little awkward to me. I can't really think of anything that wouldn't change the actual meaning of your subtext, though.

Divine-Behind this ocean of blue... *fade* peace lies concealed.

I really looked for the peace sign, honest. I can see what could be interpreted as being a peace sign, but I don't think it's obvious enough to be a major component of the subtext. I think the image itself is peaceful enough, though.

DM was on fire!-In a Blue Mood

You went with, perhaps, the most obvious choice for this set. It's a really good subtext that seems to match perfectly. The only thing, I do want to see subtexts that maybe aren't what a person would immediately think of. It's good though.

Forest_Majesty-Hues of Blue

It's okay. I think it overlooks the shadows of the image, though.

gemma58-Fear My Hidden Talents

Honestly, I don't see what hidden talents have to do with this image. I'm not seeing anything that's truely hidden, and I can't see why you would want to fear any talents. I'm sorry, but I don't think this is a good subtext for the picture.

Khristian-Out of the Blue

Once again, it's okay. It matches the image, and I can't really say what could be improved, but it seems to lack something.

matterbug-Lost in the dark.

It's okay. The image is kind of 'lost' in all the blue, and it is a dark blue. It just doesn't have that 'sparkle' I'm looking for.

paperfacesX022-Living in the blue

It's another okay one. It is a lot of blue, and there is a human-like shadow in the blue.

pattypus-In the state of blue

I'm not really fond of this one. Mainly, I'm unsure as to what 'state of blue' is supposed to mean. Is it depressed, or is it supposed to be in a world colored blue? I assume, of course, that you mean depressed, but even so there's something about it that doesn't quite connect.

Stephanie-When your blue, the whole world can see it.

It's cute, since the entire picture is various shades of blue. A problem I have, which as with Atjj's has no effect on your rating, is that it's supposed to be 'you're', not 'your'. Like I said, spelling is something that irks me. ;)

Sweet Pea-In the darkness, my spirit lies

Even though the colors are dark, I don't really think this is a 'dark' set. It's more like twilight, or just after the sun sets. I do think this is one of the more poetic subtexts, however, and the wording flows nicely.

the_dog_god-Simplisticly Elaborate

It is simple, but I'm not sure the Elaborate part works. I'm not fond of using both ends of the scale to describe something, and while others may disagree I don't think it really works here.

VeraX-Hiding in the Blues.

Well, it's blue alright, and the figure is kind of hidden. I just think this is middle-of-the-road.

Wind-Hiding from reality

It's a nice subtext, I just don't know if it's right for the image or not. You didn't mention the blue, which I know must have been hard, but the reality part doesn't make much sense to me.

I vote for gemma, the_dog_god, Anubis, and Sweet Pea.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 28  Next