Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 37  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:03 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

The professor who had been handing out the things, smiled at Iaran.

'You don't have to be worried, as each person will be getting one share each. Here.' she handed over an envelope of money, and a map, with the guides which Elily had gotten previously.

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:06 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Iaran smiled, "Oh! Thankyou professor. But do you mind if I, erm, steal some money on our journey, only if we really need it of course...."

She grinned sheepishly, "No one would notice me..."

((Lol, at least Iaran hasn't stolen more potions....))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:15 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

The professor smiled, a hint of mischief in her eyes.

'Well, I suppose you're free to do as you wish. Professor Gildom wouldn't mind.

'Oh yes, and you are to keep in touch with the school each time you reach a town, or city. You'll have to keep up notified of updates, and we will try to do the same, should we stumble across anything new in our research.'

"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:04 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Malea looked at some of the things that were given to her. She put the money, additional info, and the guide in her bag. She looked at the map. She found Iaran and Elily, and sat with them. "hello." she said, being friendly and smiling at them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mina listened attentively while the professor spoke, anxious not to miss a word. She understood the situation was dire and it was essential that he had her full and undivided attention. She felt quite proud of herself as she stood there calmly, unlike some of the others who looked halfway distracted. The Loner Girl for one - she was looking straight through Professor Gildom to something beyond with eyes glazed over.

Suddenly realising her thoughts had drifted away, Mina returned to what was being said. " - location to two places. To make matters worse, they are both at the far North and South of this world respectively. One is at the midst of the famous Ice Spring Mountains, and the other is somewhere in the Forest of the UnderWorld - "

Gooseflesh appeared on her skin as Mina heard those words. The Ice Spring Mountains and the Forest of the UnderWorld? Those two places were among the most dreaded of locations in the Turie world and the portal was there? Although Mina was not afraid of most things, these two places did frighten her. They would frighten any normal Turie.

She looked at the others to see their reactions. Loner Girl was still looking ahead with glazed eyes. Had she even heard a single thing that had been said? Only this time her eyes were even more glazed over. Hyper Girl over there seemed too cheerful again, accepting the money and pamphlets, then offering to take everyone's money. Mina clutched onto her new belongings. Who knew what Iaran might do? She would probably drop everything into a river on one of her hyper sprees. One of the older students had an entirely blank face which Mina could not read.

Those two locations would frighten any normal Turie, she knew. Only the Squad was not normal for the most part. A mixture of insanity, idiocy and pure luck just might get them through. She began to be suspicious about how they had been chosen again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:31 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Iaran smiled at Malea, "Hiya! I was thinking we should gather the squad and discuss our route, and where we're gonna go. And I can carry your money for you if you want, I won't spend any of it, and it'd be easier if one or two people held onto it...."

Iaran's gaze returned to the map, the Ice Spring Mountains and the Forest of the UnderWorld.... they sound like very horrible places, but with our wits and strength we'll find that portal, I just know we will!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:47 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Karmina blinked. The blink ended her thoughts and symbolised her having come to a conclusion. Turning thougtfully, she looked at the map.

There were two ways they could go, North or South. If they went the wrong way, they could fail. But without the Squad, the Turies would fail. It seemed a heavy burden to have the world rely on you.

She sat down a little apart from the other girls, studying the map carefully. No matter how strong the Squad was, it was not invincible. It seemed to Karmina that they were the Turies' last attempt at hope. This hope could just as easily fail, only some would not understand that they had done their best. They would be blamed.

But if they lost, there might never be any Turie left to blame them. They could only try their best, she supposed. Trying her best was never good enough for Karmina's mother though. One had to achieve to succeed so trying was never good enough; only doing.

"I think we have to pick the place we think is best according to our situation," she voiced at last. "We need to use some logic to go about doing this and take into account all possibilities.

"What are the pros and cons of going to each place? Which is the nearest to travel to, or are they the exact same length of travelling distance? If we go to the North and find it failed, how long will it take to go back to the South, and vice versa? Which is more likely to be a place for the portal?"

She sat back on her haunches, waiting patiently for something that did not come. Going on: "I can only guess which is more likely to be a place for the portal.

"It has to be near enough a place for humans to find our technology so it needs to be near some kind of civilisation. We all know these two places are wild. Which is nearest to a dwelling place, a city, a town? Was some kind of technology lying around where they entered our world? If so, which one would have had someone go recently enough to accidentally - or purposely - leave technology lying about?

"I think it is the Ice Spring Mountains. People have been known to go there for pilgrimages or various other things, some secret, some not - medicinal purposes, for example. It is entirely possible someone left something there and also, the Mountains are not as fearful-looking as the Forest. Any human entering our world would be terrified if they saw the Forest, whereas the Mountains retain some charm, dangerous as they are.

"But," she concluded, stressing the word, "I don't know. I'm only making as educated a guess as possible. There are all the other factors to take into consideration. It's a 50-50 chance so we have to guess once and guess right."

Breathless, she stood up and walked a few paces away, looking out over the garden as though deep in thought, although she was really close to the edge of crying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:56 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Elily was still considering whether to hand her money over to Iaran or not, when Karmina started to speak her thoughts.

At Karmina's words, Elily got into thinking hard. Yes...that was right.

'It takes shorter time to reach the mountains, but it takes a longer time to actually search the mountains, as it is so wild. I've read about one or two villages in the Mountains and Forest,' Elily threw in a bit of interesting information into the discussion. At the moment, North seemed like a more possible choice. But they would have to move fast wherever they chose to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:40 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Iaran twisted her mouth strangely, deep in thought. "Hmm, well I don't really care where we go, I'm sure wherever we go we'll find something, I just hope its not a giant fiend..."

((Okay, that was short I know, but now I'M getting brain dead, urgh))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:15 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Kira watched as the Professor walked in and started talking to them. She simply stared at a tree near him, taking in what he was saying.

Two points where the portal is thought to be... Ice Spring Mountains, Forest of the Underworld... which one?

Kira was deep in thought, when she was handed the items she took them without taking much notice. Which one where they ment to go to?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aclite behind the tree Kira was leaning on. She knew this was the group that was to find the portal to the Human World, and that it was going to be difficult for them to choose what destination they should find the portal.

Suddenly a sharp pain hit her head then went away.

I know, I know she growled in her head.

Carefully, she leaned over so no one could see her and whispered, "Ice Spring Mountians." then disappeared.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kira looked down at the pamphlets.
Ice Spring Mountains...
Kira jumped and looked behind her. Nothing was there. What was that? Ice Spring Mountians? Did that mean that we are ment to go there?

((If you want, I'll change Ice Spring Mountains to Forest of the Underworld.))

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:40 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

((Eek, this is again an overnight-rp for me. Meaning all the rp-ing happens when I am sleeping. Nooo! Not fun. Agk, you guys can't help it. :( But it is frustrating, because I can't make a dialogue...))

Merlin had been listening quietly. He finally raised his voice.

"Concerning the money and mapping, I would suggest not to leave all the money with one person. Be it Iaran or another. If this person gets lost, the squad as a group will loose all resources or directions."

"As with location choosing.. I agree with Karmina. The mountains are a larger area, but due to the pilgrimages, it will be easier to get back. Maybe by wagon or car of travellers. On top of that, there are guides available there. Locals who help the pilgriming men and women. They know the area and might tell us more about humans."

"I must add with this, that I am not very familiair with the Forest of the Underworld. I do have travelled close to the Mountains. Thus my opinion might be subjective..."

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[Poor Kuroro. A lot of the RPing actually takes place when I'm asleep or at school and I normally only post around this time.]

Mina let the others have their say about where they wanted to go. It made sense to have a discussion about it, but not everyone was contributing to the talk that was taking place. Even before the majority had spoken, the talk was drifting towards going to the Ice Spring Mountains.

She wondered if it was because in terms of the actual place itself, the Mountains were definitely more appealing than the Forest. The Forest was exactly what its name made it sound like: a dark and forboding place that looked like it had come straight out of hell. Absolutely no one went there. Sure, the fiends were probably about the same in difficulty, but the ones in the Forest were uglier and projected the feeling of more danger.

It was the same reason as a lot of them, but Mina didn't want to be the one to say, "It's safer to go to the Mountains." That would sound selfish, even though that was what everyone was most likely thinking. Who in their right mind wanted to die? If the Forest was the wrong place and half of them got killed, it would be a lot worse than if they went to the Mountains and had to go to the Forest. This was a better sounding reason but Mina stayed quiet, wanting to hear if some of the others had anything else to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:20 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Andy arrived at the main school garden with his bag about 10 minutes before Professor Gildom. He placed his bag on the floor and listed to the professor's speech.

He cringed when the professor mentioned that the group would have to the Forest. He had already knew since he was a yound child that the Forest was a terrible place to be in. He also recalled some photographs that were taken at the edge of the forest. Sunlight was scarce there and there were almost none of the usual creatures living in normal forests. He cringed even more now that he would have to enter it in search of the portal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:40 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Malea looked at the map. She had never been to the forest, but she remembered taking a trip to the mountains with her family one time when she was little. She was leaning tward the dicision of the mountain. SHe heard Iaran ask her about money. "um, i think ill hold my own money." she said, "thanks for the offer though." She looked around, and everyone had a worried expression on their face. "your right, we should all make the dicision together." she said to Iaran. "i took a trip to the mountains once when i was little." she said to who ever was listning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Menai gave a prim little nod as Professor Gildom handed her the pamphlets and money. She listened quietly as everyone submitted their opinions as to where they should go.

"Ice Spring Mountains or the Forest of the Underworld - I don't think we should split up and go half to each. If we're split, we're not as strong. We've got to work together."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 37  Next